Ziti is a great recipe to make ahead of time and reheat. It also makes a tremendous amount, so it can also be put into freezable containers to pop into the microwave for lunches too!
Makes approximately 10, 1 cup servings
- One box (16 oz.) dried ziti pasta
- 2, 16 oz cans or jars of favorite pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 Cup TVP OR 1 package frozen Boca Ground Crumbles
- 2 cups of Tofu Basil Ricotta from Veganomicon.
- Vegan Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, add ½ chopped onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add TVP OR Boca Ground Crumbles
- Add ½ tsp oregano, ½ basil
- Stir to combine and cook until TVP has absorbed the oil and flavors and is slightly browned.
- Add 1½ cups of the tomato sauce to skillet mixture and stir combine.
- In large baking pan combine pasta, tofu basil ricotta and TVP mixture.
- Top with remaining ½ cup of tomato sauce.
- Cover with foil and cook until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- If desired, remove foil after 10 minutes, cover top with Vegan Parmesan cheese and cook for final 10 minutes.